What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad frozen after installing cydget

Rgu3t0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently installed cydget after the modification to work on 4.3
When I installed the app, I had winterboard previously installed. Was able to figure out that cydget would not appear in the "settings" app with winterboard installed. long story short, I un-installed winterboard, rebooted with iBooty, and now i get the welcome message in the lock screen from cydget. I'm able to enter my lock code to unlock my iPad to which iTunes quickly begins a backup. The issue I am having is that after this, I'm unable to select any of the icons on the iPad. If I lock the screen, I'm unable to slide the lock to unlock. It seems as if the entire screen is frozen. Anyone else have this same issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

-rgu3t0

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a soft reset, hold home and sleep button down at the same time, while iPad on, for 5-10 secs. It should reboot and issue resolved. If that doesn't work, try a hard reset. With iPad off, hold home and sleep button down at the same time for 30 secs. It should reboot once or twice to the apple logo screen. Hopefully that'll fix.
I'd uninstall those cydgets.

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

OP
R

Rgu3t0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a soft reset, hold home and sleep button down at the same time, while iPad on, for 5-10 secs. It should reboot and issue resolved. If that doesn't work, try a hard reset. With iPad off, hold home and sleep button down at the same time for 30 secs. It should reboot once or twice to the apple logo screen. Hopefully that'll fix.
I'd uninstall those cydgets.

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

soft and hard reset didn't work. thank you though. any advice on uninstalling the app if the ipad is unresponsive? I'm halfway tempted to just restore to non-jb for the time being.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rgu3t0 said:
soft and hard reset didn't work. thank you though. any advice on uninstalling the app if the ipad is unresponsive? I'm halfway tempted to just restore to non-jb for the time being.

I'd say restore. Then start fresh again and rejailbrake

Sent From IPF app,on a Jailbroken Device...need I say more ;-)

rajaspidey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had the same problem, contacted iH8sn0w he said me to do this.

download iFunbox >> connect ipad >> delete "/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries"

pic of chat included

Edit: it will also delete mobile substrate based tweaks like full force..!!

Attachments

• Cydget prob iH8sn0w 31-07-2011 AM 10-52-47.png
    Cydget prob iH8sn0w 31-07-2011 AM 10-52-47.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 562

Most reactions

Latest posts