What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydget totally messed up my ipad

Luketaytay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I downloaded cydget from cydia and turned it on.

Every time I try to get on it, it doesn't let me type in my password.
So I tried putting it on landscape and I was so happy when it finally let me put in my password, but when I finally put it and pressed return nothing happened. I put this little trick in with activator (I think that's what its called) that when I push on and off on the mute button, it unlocks the iPad, but it wasn't doing anything. So I don't know what to do.

I know, I know, I can restore it. But I would hate to do that so if there's any possible way not to please tell me to do that. If you have any ideas please let me know!

Thanks, luketaytay

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EDITED TO ADD: Forgot to mention - did you try a reboot (hold both power and home button until the white Apple logo appears?)? I'm sure you did, but I'd be lacking if I didn't ask the obvious first. Who knows, it might work...

If you have SBSettings installed and you can get to it, use the power button (in SBSettings) to select to reboot the iPad into "safe mode." If you can go into safe mode, you can then go back to Cydia and uninstall the cydget tweak.

If you can't get the iPad into safe mode - then I'm 99% sure you're going to have to do a restore. Sorry.

Marilyn

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I ask what "Cydgets" you have installed? It is much more likely to be one of these which is causing the issue. Cydget itself seems to work fine on the iPad. Whilst I have not used it for a while, I just reinstalled it to test it out, and it seems to be working OK for me with the built in demonstration Cydgets.
Do you still have the "AwayView" enabled? That way you should be able to press home until you cycle back to your default lock screen and unlock from there?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try going to Cydia and reinstalling the app, could have been a bad download. Or, you can download and install "CyDelete", it allows you to delete Cydia apps just like Apple apps, from the wiggly screen.

Most reactions