1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

NEED HELP! HAS ANYONE REPLACED THEIR WIFI & BLUETOOTH CARD on a ipad 2?????

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by bibibook1, Mar 4, 2012.

1. bibibook1

bibibook1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, Guys new here, I tried to find info on this but didn't get much back on it. I have an Ipad 2 16 gb that the wifi grayed out. I received it as payment for fixing a guys iphone. I replaced the screen, wifi antenna and took out the wifi/ bluetooth card and cleaned it and reset it incase it had popped off. Still no wifi/Bt so i read a few results from searches and a few people who had warranty. had gone to apple who told them it was a bad chip. I have found replacement chips new and refurbished from china on ebay with a hand full sold, but as yet I don't see anyone who has resolved this problem by changing the chip. So I'm asking if anyone out there has done it or know of it working? eventually I would shell out about 30 something bucks for it. Thanks guys for your impute.
  2. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Tbh m8, ipad surgery is not recommended no matter what your skill level is. I used to run a computer business and only did a handful of ipad repairs because just one slip and you've messed up something else everything is so crammed in there.

Having said that, its up to you. I have done what you asked and it _did_ work for me. Having said that, its like any other DIY procedure: your mileage may vary. Best bet; head to an apple store and see about a replacement.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
  3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Yeah, run to the apple store before the 1 year warranty is up. They will replace it for free.