What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 wifi antenna replaced but poor signal on wifi but fine if tethered to my mobile

Paulie151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

This is my first post so please bare with me, I've got an iPad 2 that I cracked the screen on last year, and after getting a quote for repair a staggering £80-100, it prompted me to check out the how to diy replace the digitiser myself.

I also saw that iPad spares were not expensive so I gave it a go and have had success with varying issues along the way, which I won't bore you with now, but brings me to this forum!

I have just replaced my wifi antenna for the second time, replacing it previously as I broke it on my first digitiser removal, as I was having poor wifi signal on the replacement, and in parts of my house the signal would be poor and or drop out, disconnecting and reconnecting, and sometimes not returning, very frustrating, which led me to replace again this week.

But having successfully completed this again, I am still suffering the same problem again, it will connect to my wifi if I stand next to the router, but when I move any more than 10-15 feet away, the signal becomes weak or disappears, and I've checked my router etc. which is all working fine, and all my other devices work fine all over the house?

If I tehther the pad to my mobile it connects straight away full signal, and cannot find my wifi signal? This suggests to me that the wifi antenna is functioning correctly???

I have done all the resetting rebooting and settings checking without success, so can now only assume that I'm doing something wrong during install?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, and sorry if this is a little long winded!

I'm running iOS 8.1 on Virgin media with a super hub, 152mb.

Cheers

Paul

Most reactions