What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no wifi greyed out / bluetooth spinning

Superfandango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys wondering if you could please help me out, Just purchase this iPad 4 3g where the wifi/bluetooth are unable to turn on, i have done all the soft stuff and a dfu restore, i have also changed the wifi antenna still the same, it looks as if its had a hard knock on a corner, now i'm thinking of applying some heat to the broadcom wifi chip to the underside of the board, seeing there are componants on both sides of the logic board where i need to use the hot air station i'm a little concerned, has anyone done this repair or have and idea of testing any filters etc first?

p.s. oops sorry think i put this in the wrong thread, if a mod could kindly move me please

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries sf, I've moved your thread to the iPad DIY sub-forum where other brave souls:D who love (or need) to tinker with iPad innards will hopefully respond.
Hoping your problem will be resolved:)
Andrew

OP
S

Superfandango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved this little sod had blown, it was showing full continuity instead of showing nothing incircuit. (dunno what it is)
Took awhile to find sits on top of the wifi chip and hidden well under the corner shield frame.
wifi fault.png

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Problem solved this little sod had blown, it was showing full continuity instead of showing nothing incircuit. (dunno what it is)
Took awhile to find sits on top of the wifi chip and hidden well under the corner shield frame.
View attachment 64457
Well done! All's well that ends well. I think NASA has nothing on some of the talented people that post here:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Superfandango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haha thanks Andrew but I can only just about get a firework up in the air without blowing the kids up

Aaron1987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi superfandango,
I'm having the exact same issue.
I'm just wondering if you can give me a little more information on how you solved the issue?
Did you have to replace the resistor?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts