What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help activating it

pm36064

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help...I am getting an iPad 2 and need to activate it for someone who will later use it on his iTunes account. How do I do this without crossing over the itunes accounts? In other words I need to set it up once and give it to him.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're worried about this and you're buying the iPad2 at an Apple Store, then they'll set it up for you. It only takes them a couple of minutes so it's a good option if you're at all unsure about this.

Tim

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
???

I need help...I am getting an iPad 2 and need to activate it for someone who will later use it on his iTunes account. How do I do this without crossing over the itunes accounts? In other words I need to set it up once and give it to him.

What do you mean set it up???
If you are trying to load your apps on it and then give them to him you wont be able to do that easily or legally.

OP
P

pm36064

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No...I just want to open the box and plug it into my itunes to activate it for him to use later on from an itunes account he sets up..

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If someone was giving me an iPad I would want to set it up and activate it myself. The initializing is part of the fun of getting a new toy and learning about it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No...I just want to open the box and plug it into my itunes to activate it for him to use later on from an itunes account he sets up..

OK - I understand better now. It's not a problem. Once you've set it up using your iTunes account then you can go to 'Settings', 'Store' and 'Sign Out' and your iTunes account will no longer be available to the user of the iPad.

But you'll need to be careful when you do the initial sync otherwise it will set up the iPad with your Contacts and email account settings and I'm guessing you don't want to do that. In addition, you should turn off transfering any apps that might be on your PC too so they don't get transferred.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts