What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to bypass activation lock on ios7?

blueyes818

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So basically I was sold a ipad 2 with IOS 7 on it , and it has a activation lock on it and I cant get in contact with the guy who sold it to me.

Is there a method out right now for bypassing the activation lock?

Any help someone can give me thank you.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As far as I understand it, iOS 7 won't allow restoring of an iOS device unless you have the Apple ID and password of the Apple ID account it was using. This is a theft deterrant and cannot be bypassed.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So basically I was sold a ipad 2 with IOS 7 on it , and it has a activation lock on it and I cant get in contact with the guy who sold it to me. Is there a method out right now for bypassing the activation lock? Any help someone can give me thank you.
The only way to get that iPad activated is to track down the seller and get him to enter his Apple ID and password to activate the iPad. Your problem is caused by the seller leaving find my iPhone turned on when he sold the iPad. If you can't find the seller, there is no way to activate the iPad without the seller's Apple ID and password. Unfortunately you may end up with a brick that can't be used.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the seller sold it, he should have factory restored the iPad so you can register to yourself, did the iPad come with a box, cable, charger and owners manual? Leaving the iOS on and selling it like that is very stupid, all the sellers email and iTunes login is still active on the iPad

shingers5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
such a negative response its unreal..............what about the other side of the coin where people buy legit off ebay or 3rd party sellers like 2nd hand shops etc who helps them? not everyone is a thief or buys from thieves so who protects us?! this new security was implemented too hastily as there should be ways to prove your purchase and have this reversed........... people often buy from people they know or from people referred to them by people they know. i am too stuck with this and i cant do anything about it and that sucks!

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it sucks. But the big picture here is that most of us need optimum security and the Find My iPad IOS provides this. It sounds terribly negative I guess, but it's only up to you to locate the previous owner and resolve this. Your situation must represent about .000000001 % of the majority of people that prefer to have the security.

bikeopeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or in my case my iPad 2 was stolen with iOS6 on it and then found to be stolen and returned to me by a pawn shop with iOS7 installed and the device wiped and locked with some unknown person's Apple Id. So I got my iPad back but now it's a brick. Yay Apple, your perfectly designed security has now cost me the iPad I purchased from you legitimately. Last Apple crap I spend $$$ on. What a cluster****

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
so,,,,,is there any other way to bypass activation without login,,?
Hi, azukaito! Welcome to iPF!

If you take a look at ardchoille's and scifan57's posts, you'll see that it's not possible, with iOS 7 installed.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
such a negative response its unreal..............what about the other side of the coin where people buy legit off ebay or 3rd party sellers like 2nd hand shops etc who helps them? not everyone is a thief or buys from thieves so who protects us?! this new security was implemented too hastily as there should be ways to prove your purchase and have this reversed........... people often buy from people they know or from people referred to them by people they know. i am too stuck with this and i cant do anything about it and that sucks!

If you buy third-party like this then you take your own risks....so if this bothers you then buy through the regular retail chain...though I do think ebay has protection for people who get ripped of there. If you buy from a 2nd hand shop and you can't activate and use the iPad, then take it back. They should have checked it and made sure they had a legit purchase. It's not Apple's job to police the world... so buyer beware.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or in my case my iPad 2 was stolen with iOS6 on it and then found to be stolen and returned to me by a pawn shop with iOS7 installed and the device wiped and locked with some unknown person's Apple Id. So I got my iPad back but now it's a brick. Yay Apple, your perfectly designed security has now cost me the iPad I purchased from you legitimately. Last Apple crap I spend $$$ on. What a cluster****

Apple will aid in resetting the password on the iPad if you have the original receipt. As long as you can prove ownership of it (and that it was bought from an authorized seller), it can be fixed.

I recommend you take that iPad 2 and your receipt to the Apple store and ask for assistance.

Marilyn

parcas1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, what a terrible thing to do, to design a security system that works. What will they try to foist on us next.

As I understand it -
You did not look after your property, Apple is not responsible for that.
You did not update the OS yourself, which would have protected your iPad. Apple would have prompted you to do that, but you chose not to do it.
It was returned to you because the pawn shop used the Apple system to get it to you.
And you think a tablet with a secure system is crap.
So you want to buy a tablet that can have its OS wiped and replaced easily by a thief

graceshin00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need Help also

I also have the same problem. The only difference is that, I know my Apple Id. But i already forgot the password. Also the email that I used to it is no longer remember by me. So Anyone can you help me in my problem? Can I remembered by email address with the apple Id only? Thanks in advanced

Most reactions