What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Activation Lock Question

bharvey117

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I recently updated and restored my ipad last night sorrow reason it saying that I need to enter the user name and password that was originally used to set the ipad account but cannot remember as I have had the ipad for 2 years

Is there anyway round the activation lock or anything apple can do

I am the original owner
It was on Contract from Vodafone (2yesr ago) in our name
We have access to all information

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that there's no way to bypass Activation Lock. Without the Apple ID and password you used when you first activated Find My iPhone, the iPad cannot be activated.

Have you tried the Apple ID and password you use to purchase content in iTunes or the App Store?

If you have documented proof that you're the original owner of the iPad Apple may help you.

OP
bharvey117

bharvey117

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid that there's no way to bypass Activation Lock. Without the Apple ID and password you used when you first activated Find My iPhone, the iPad cannot be activated.

Have you tried the Apple ID and password you use to purchase content in iTunes or the App Store?

If you have documented proof that you're the original owner of the iPad Apple may help you.
Sorry for the late reply thanks for your reply

Yes I still have the original documents as it was from. Vodafone on contract although this was 2 years ago

What cab apple do on this occasion?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply thanks for your reply

Yes I still have the original documents as it was from. Vodafone on contract although this was 2 years ago

What cab apple do on this occasion?

If you take the iPad and the documentation to an Apple Store they may be able to get your iPhone activated. There's no guarantee that they'll help but it's your only hope.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts