What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a good eBook reader

electric1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking for an ebook reader that will allow me to do the following things:
  • Read ebooks and pdfs with an offline dictionary
  • be able to annotate pdf (and ebooks if possible), for example be able to draw free hand on them or box certain phrases/words/equations
  • let me add my own pdfs via the File Sharing option on itunes
Does such an application exist? The popular ones that I have tried so far iBooks, Adobe Reader, Kindle, TopNotes etc only match 2/3 of the above and I would rather have an app that can do all three at once than have two on the go at the same time and have to keep flicking back and forth. Help much appreciated! :D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no e-reader app (that I am aware of) allows you to take free-hand notes on the page. Yes, you can create bookmarks, a]make [pop-up] notes and highlight in the apps you've mentioned, but not to use a stylus (or finger) to make lines/drawings.

While I'd love to be proven wrong on that, I haven't found one. The only suggestion I can think is to take a screenshot of the page you want to annotate and then open the picture in a photo-editing app (or import it into a PDF-creating app for annotating).

Marilyn

Most reactions