What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a decent iPad 4 external keyboard.

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking to get a external keyboard for my new iPad 4. I do type a lot and for that purpose I use my acer notebook. But now I want to type using my iPad 4. Its integrated keyboard is not useful for me. So can any one suggest me a good descent keyboard for my iPad. And it have to be tough because as I was mention "I really do type a lot". Thanks in advance. :D

Normal Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a logitech that also serves a cover. Love it. I browsed reviews and it came down to a choice of two different keyboards. I can't remember the other one, but I took my I-pad to the store, ask them to open up both, and I actually typed for awhile with both to see which one fit my hands the best.

With the keyboard, the vast majority of my E-mails, both work and pleasure are now handled on my I-pad, not my computer.

75ayla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a new Bluetooth keyboard for 1/2 the price of an apple one! $15.00-something off amazon and other than the understandably slow shipping its great!!

image-1914977578.jpg

This is it with my ipad, I wrote that from the keyboard (to show my grandmother it was possible to type on it, so ignore the message haha)

Hope this helps!!

75ayla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus it has 5 buttons in the upper left hand corner specifically for the ipad!!

c ellmate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... can any one suggest me a good descent keyboard for my iPad. And it have to be tough because as I was mention "I really do type a lot". Thanks in advance. :D

I just bought a Good Decent Belkin at Amazon, Even though I've only had it a week I am happy with the purchase.

Pros,
Feels like a real Keyboard
Brand Name
Easy to Hook Up
Good Price (even better if your a Prime customer)

Cons:
Case is worthless and will likely wear out soon. (other then carrying it on trips with the keyboard you can use any other case as its detachable)
Not enough time behind it to tell you how it will handle long term use.

See the other Amazon Reviews to get a better idea.

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Microsoft 5000 comfort curve. It is small, portable bluetooth and perfect for my ipad, desktop and tablet running Windows 7. I got it for 12.00 on eBay, new in the box.

centripedo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always search kickstarter, although it will probably take some time to get your product

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought a Good Decent Belkin at Amazon, Even though I've only had it a week I am happy with the purchase.

Pros,
Feels like a real Keyboard
Brand Name
Easy to Hook Up
Good Price (even better if your a Prime customer)

Cons:
Case is worthless and will likely wear out soon. (other then carrying it on trips with the keyboard you can use any other case as its detachable)
Not enough time behind it to tell you how it will handle long term use.

See the other Amazon Reviews to get a better idea.

Love your avatar! GO DUCKS!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

LeDave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a Zagg Profolio+ keyboard for my iPad, don't know how it'll turn out but I know it'll be good because it costed $130. I'll let ya know if you want once it ships to my place. Here's a short video in the meanwhile that I've also been watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts