What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

native email client froze

UnionReview

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am brand new around here so if you all handled this question in the past, my apologies. Here is the situation: My email is downloading the new messages just fine. On the left hand side I can see the sender, subject as usual, but when I attempt to read one of the emails, it is not populating the reading pane on the right hand side. In fact, the R-H side is showing an email from more than 12 hours ago. I am able to log into my email via the web by any browser and do what I need to do, but I cannot get the native client to work. With other apps I would remove andadd on and the problem would go away, I don't think we have that option with the client ...

So: 1) is that right, I can't remove and put back on with hope it corrects itself?
2) If I can do that - how? Pressing down won't give me an [x] to remove.
3) Anyone else ever have this problem?
4) What's the fix ... and ... if you recall what you did to get to the same point I am in ... I am down to learn what NOT to do next time.

Thanks for having me in this forum and your time and consideration in helping me out on my mysterious email freeze-up.

Cheers,
-R

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First level troubleshooting would be to close email altogether and reopen.

To do this double tap the home key while not in email.

Email icon will appear on bottom task bar. Tap and hold email icon until it begins to wobble and displays a red minus sign. Tap the red minus sign and it will take email out of background. This does NOT delete any program, it shuts them down.

You should close any/all apps appearing on the task bar but for now not necessary except for shutting down email.

Once mail icon is gone from task bar tap home button to return to desktop.

Try mail now and see if problem persists.

Most reactions

Latest posts