What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email App That Does Not Auto Download Emails

Addmorebhp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
I have read post after post, review after review and still have not found an answer. I'm sure it is out there...I just have not come across it.

I am looking for an email alternative to the native iPad email client that meets the following requirements:

1. It must configurable to prevent auto checking of email. I need an email client that only checks for emails when I tell it to and preferably (not required) only for the email accounts I tell it to check.

2. It must support multiple email accounts across multiple providers (ex/ Timewarner, gmail, yahoo, earthlink, etc). I do not need the multiple accounts to be in the same inbox. I actually prefer they not be.

It appears Sparrow and Altamail are two very popular clients. How do these fare against my requirements.

Thank you and best regards.
Jim

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried:

Settings
Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Under "Fetch New Data" set Push to "Off" and Fetch to "Manually"

Under the "Advanced" selection you can set Push and Fetch for the different email providers you have installed.

As for email I use the native iCloud app and GMail.

OP
A

Addmorebhp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for idea. I turned push off and set all email accounts fetch to manually. The Mail app still automatically checks for mail when I open it. I need to be able to access the inbox without it checking for mail.

Does Sparrow or Altamail do this?

Most reactions

Latest posts