What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Review of the Acase 2nd Gen Capacitive Stylus WITH PICS!!

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the Griffin tip more solid?

Also how much shorter is it?

The squishiness is the same on both. But the tip is twice as big as the Acase.

The Acase is one inch longer than the Griffin. The Griffin may be a miniscule amount thicker, but to my eye, they look the same.

-Mike

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What note taking apps have you found to work well with this stylus?

I found Notes Plus to be the easiest and fastest to use, at least for my purposes. I really love the "delete" gesture (quick back-and-forth stroke will delete a word or whatever you want) and the ability to write or type anywhere. The zoomed-in big writing box with the auto-scrolling feature is what really makes the app usable for taking notes. After just a minute or two of figuring out how to use it, I absolutely fell in love with it. And to top it off, there is a "record" feature so you can record lectures to listen to them later.

I recommend watching some YouTube videos to see what you like.

Also, I write a longer review here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/2037-best-note-taking-app-ipad-3.html#post113413

Debrah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine since March and the tip just wore out. I use it a lot in Penultimate and Abble Dabble among other things (these are my heaviest hitters with the stylus). I loved it at first, but recently noticed it making a mess on my screen. So I took a close look at the tip and noticed the tip is torn. And while I was examining it, black stuff was getting on my fingers (hence the mess on the screen). I paid $13.95 through Amazon (sold by ChiTek Corp) and am going to see if they'll replace it.

I too removed the dangly thing (can't think of exact terminology) and hook it on the SIDE of my black Apple case (this is specifically why I bought this model, because the clip is thin and allows the attachement). Will update later re: status of replacement.

Most reactions

Latest posts