What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My own adjustable iPad stand

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking for a case/stand for days and still haven't found something I'm willing to pay for. I already have the Apple case and I'm happy with it, except for the fact that it isn't adjustable for viewing. A little while ago I called my husband at work to ask him if he could cut a couple of triangles out of a 2x4 so I could try making my Apple case stand up like I want. In the meantime, I decided to go in the garage to see what I could find that would help me determine the dimensions I need for the triangles. I found Lots of cardboard, so I figured I could make some triangles out of it to see what would work best.

I also found the pieces that came in the box with my iPad from Apple. And came up with an almost perfect solution.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43259790@N08/4702893823/in/photostream/

Susan

Last edited:

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Buy a commemorative plate stand for a few bucks.

OP
I

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is gorgeous.:rolleyes:

LOL. And it works!! Actually, I just made a couple of triangles out of cardboard and they work really well - gives me different angles out of one triangle.

At this point I'm not looking for something pretty, I'm looking for something functional. I'll work on pretty later!!! ;)

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like your solution:D too many whiners out there complaining they can't find something to buy. Hell, do it yourself and enjoy it, good for you!

orisonmarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4702893823_35a3e21b33.jpg

That was applicable .. good work susan :)

dim3m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I know what you want

Am currently brain storming new ideas for a stand, I'll post it in a week or so. Great idea.

Most reactions

Latest posts