What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Acrylic Ipad Stand

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, got myself a new wireless keyboard and needed a quick stand for the IPAD so had some Acrylic bits around so thought id knock one up, also made a couple for the IPODS to.
Nice and easy to bend up, used a hot air gun then just used my small sanding drum to make the opening for the button. 4mm Acrylic. Bit of sanding on the edges and there you go.
Oh and the case my IPAD is in, is a Carbon type and it fits great feels great, best one i have found, got it of EBay for £8.00 just under and that was with postage, real happy with it.:D

Attachments

• stand a.jpg
    stand a.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,413
  • stand b.jpg
    stand b.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,328
  • stand c.jpg
    stand c.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice one. Why don't you post it on instructables.com? :)

k3mi5t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a similar thing with PVC.
But I am not using anymore since I bought the apple case.

Attachments

• PVC1.jpg
    PVC1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 663
  • PVC2.jpg
    PVC2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 582
  • PVC3.jpg
    PVC3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 555
OP
L

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it was a rack for showing plates off, mum had one just like it on her dresser, identical to it. but if it works.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doesn't touch the screen and holds the pad in either orientation. Best of all they work with the apple case on. Mine stands beside my main monitor and acts as an overflow or a pdf/reference screen when needed.

And yes it is a plate stand but with the high back it's easy to tap on without knocking the stand over :)

OP
L

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought thats what it looked like, but what the hell if it works for you and your happy with it then it does the job. And its not going to have a daft price tag on it to.:D

Most reactions