What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My own adjustable iPad stand

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at your beautiful house with the granite countertops and expensive faucet. Your house is way nicer than mine and even *I* forked over the $15 for a lap desk and $8 for an iPad case with a kickstand lol!
Spend the few dollars, it's all good :)

OP
I

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at your beautiful house with the granite countertops and expensive faucet. Your house is way nicer than mine and even *I* forked over the $15 for a lap desk and $8 for an iPad case with a kickstand lol!
Spend the few dollars, it's all good :)

Thank you for your compliments!

I would gladly spend money on a case that I love, I just haven't seen one yet that fills all my requirements! The zoogue case is close but it's too bulky, has too much Velcro, covers too much of the front of the iPad and has those straps around it. In the meantime, I made a triangle out of cardboard and with a couple small pieces of Velcro I can keep it in place and turning the triangle over gives me the two angles I use the most. Still trying to figure out what I can use to make a permanent fix while I wait for someone to make the perfect case/stand. :)

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what I got, a whole bunch of them. I didn't get it from this particular seller but they're all the same from every seller. Some charge around $10 and some charge close to $40-for the same exact stand.
They come in pink, purple, red, black, white, light blue. It's perfect. You can set it right on your lap like that or on a lap desk, or the arm of the chair.

Attachments

• _12.jpg
    _12.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 910

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesnt have to be pretty, too many people who have to have a $100 stand, if it works then who really cares what it looks like? Most want something for home use only, not like you are using it in a public place. I say great job!!

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using a remote from the TV but it wasn't quite proping the iPad far enough up. Shame I didn't see this before I ordered a $50 leather case!

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With that type of case you could probably stick an iron in there and it would work.

Just an observation. And if you do try it please make sure the iron is not plugged in.;)

OP
I

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm amazed that this thread is still alive!!

I'm even more amazed at the fact that I still use that cardboard triangle after all this time. It still works for me and I've never seen a case that I like.

OP
I

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced my cardboard triangle with the Zaggmate case (w/o keyboard) and it was perfect - until I bought the iPad 2 and passed my old iPad to my husband!!! Now I use the Smart Cover from Apple, which works pretty well as a stand on the table next to my chair, but isn't very functional on my lap.

Most reactions

Latest posts