What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My notes have disappeared ... Why?

kiwikwisty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, I checked a particular note that I had written several days ago, and all was fine. Tonight, I went to retrieve that same note to read to my family and it had disappeared, along with all the other notes I had written since the middle of the week - 2 February. What's up with that? iT's not as if I don't have enough space. I have 64gb for crying out loud!! Besides, if notes are to be removed, why not take the oldest ones?? I do not want to buy iCloud space. Why should I spend more money. Cost me $945 for my iPad as it is! Is there a simple way to retrieve my notes? I am not impressed that I was not warned about losing notes. Who would have even thought this would happen? ☹ Please someone, help me get my notes back!! Thank you.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use the built in Notes app, and it looks like that:
image.png

tap the arrow at the top left. It's possible that more than one account is enabled for the app, and the account you're looking at right now, doesn't have your notes. It will look like this afterwards:
image.png

You'll see the accounts connected to that app, and if you didn't delete the notes, they will be in the main folder of the iCloud account, if you use it.

If they have been deleted, and belong to your iCloud account, there's a Recently Deleted folder where you can retrieve them within a month.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to Settings>Notes and turn on the "On My iPad" Account switch, the notes will be stored on the iPad instead of the server of the connected email account.
image.jpeg

OP
kiwikwisty

kiwikwisty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so very much, J.A. Your advice worked and I have found my post that I really really wanted. I have immediately taken a pic of it (I'm kinda paranoid now) and at least I can see it in my Photos folder until I can print it off when I can get to the printer. Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts