1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

My music not showing in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Pinmac, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Pinmac

Pinmac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As I said on another thread re backing up my iPad, I have had to reinstall Windows Vista so have downloaded and reinstalled iTunes. I had copied away my music to an external hard drive so have now copied it back but it's not showing up in iTunes on the laptop, I can only see a couple of downloaded albums (all the missing ones are ripped CDs). The music is in the folder C:\Users\myusername\Music\iTunes\iTunesMedia\Music. I checked the backup and it appears that it was previously in C:\Users\myusername\Music so I moved some of the music to here but it still doesn't show up in iTunes.

I hope I've explained clearly enough and that someone can help please.
  2. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    If you can find the actual mp3 files, click on file > import file and select the songs to import them
  3. Pinmac

Pinmac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks for your post. The setting is now File>Add folder to library but you set me on the right road to find it. A lot of my album artwork isn't showing but I'll do a search on here to see if I can find an answer. Thanks again.