What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New laptop - install iTunes and sync iPad/Pod?

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've bought a Windows 8 laptop. I now need to install iTunes and get it synced with my iPad2 and a couple of iPods. I'm a bit nervous as iTunes previously made a right mess of my music collection. I do have a music library in MP3 format never touched by iTunes though so I want to get this right. Should I install iTunes and then copy my music on to the laptop or should I copy the music first? Also I have my laptop split between a C drive which holds the OS and the D drive which holds data. I would like to put the music on the D drive.I assume that I can change the location in iTunes?

Once I have the music safely on the laptop, how do I backup the iPad2 and iPods without wiping them? They were previously synced to a different laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions