What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my ipad was hacked while I was using it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How many apps do you have on your iPad? Which iPad is it and how much storage does it have free?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sorry it is 25.7 GB available 10 apps and I pad 2

Jackie: thanks for putting up with all of my questions. I was hoping you would not say you had 300 apps. Then, it would be hopeless to try to figure out what is going on.

With only 10 apps we might be able to find something. Do you mind listing those apps out by name? I want to look them up.

Another thing: if it happens again, please pull out your phone, put your iPad in a stable position, and take some video of the screen while it appears to be getting hacked. Nothing is better than video proof for this kind of thing. You can post it here (or on youtube) and you can show it to the Apple folks.

Last edited:
OP
J

jackie1509

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a way I am hoping it will happen again so I can video it with my phone and will publish it every where I can. I am sorry but I did say i was a novice i clicked on more apps and found others. I have camera and photos, music, weather, google, videos, Facebook, iBooks, words HD3, 4 in a row, my pad, PFhd3, solitaire, sky go, calculator, BT wifi, tripadvisor, traffic signs 4od, removem2' Sondhound, demand5, dynafleet, crime map, safari.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Help Section now for better attention!

Thanks for your understanding!!

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad MINI using iPF

Last edited:

WJBurr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got hacked too

My wife's iPad 2 just got hacked. The exact same thing. Someone remotely opening apps and no control over powering down. If the NSA can do what it does, I have no doubt someone can hack an iPad. Not an alien.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife's iPad 2 just got hacked. The exact same thing. Someone remotely opening apps and no control over powering down. If the NSA can do what it does, I have no doubt someone can hack an iPad. Not an alien.

Dude, it is a faulty digitizer (touch screen) as mentioned previously. You may need to take a trip to an Apple Genius if it persists.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nobody can hack into the iPad except Tim Cook,Ronald McDonald and maybe Justin Bieber!

OP
J

jackie1509

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sorry it happened to you. Unfortunately Apple will deny it is possible. The Pentagon's security can be hacked but apparently Apple devices can't! If it is as simple as this why don't top security only install Apple. I think not!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am sorry it happened to you. Unfortunately Apple will deny it is possible. The Pentagon's security can be hacked but apparently Apple devices can't! If it is as simple as this why don't top security only install Apple. I think not!

Whilst it is not impossible, the OPs symptoms and that of the more recent poster indicate a digitizer issue/fault. Unless you are an important person, I doubt the NSA or other agency would be wasting resources to hack a random iPad.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What version of ios are you all using? Im sure its a faulty screen though. What was you all doing at the time when it happened. Are you sure it was not just lagging and playing up? I bet its hard to try and prove it if nobody believes you though. It wouldnt surprise me if it was possible nowadays these hackers can do anything but i highly doubt they will target you unless you was someone important with sensitive information to see.
Maybe its worth you going to settings>general>profiles and see if anything is installed there that may look suspicious? Worth a shot.

Most reactions

Latest posts