What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cursor doesnt work in Team Viewer

drongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, although I'm a bit of a technology challenged git, I do and have used team viewer a lot to access my home computer. Just recently, once logged into team viewer using my iPad, the cursor turned into what could best be described as a small square resembling a bar code, and now it's become a pointer that moves but does not activate anything. Anyone had that happen or any clues as to what has hijacked my team viewer cursor. Everything else outside of TV is fine...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting both your iPad and your computer?

----------------------------
The usual fixes:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
drongo

drongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good advice except I got the sh#*£%ts with it and deleted and reloaded app. Different app, appears to be working...maybe better than previous version. Will remember about the restart every month though. Thanks mate

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good advice except I got the sh#*£%ts with it and deleted and reloaded app. Different app, appears to be working...maybe better than previous version. Will remember about the restart every month though. Thanks mate

Glad you found a fix.

Deleting and re-downloading the app is also a common fix. I don't keep it in this try first list because depending on the app you can loose data.

OP
drongo

drongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you found a fix.

Deleting and re-downloading the app is also a common fix. I don't keep it in this try first list because depending on the app you can loose data.

I'm like a bull in a china shop when it comes to technology...that's why I joined here...to get some skillz

Most reactions

Latest posts