Please help, I Pad is being hacked

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Big Pinch, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Big Pinch

Big Pinch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This has happened 3 times in the last week where when browsing on my i pad someone else becomes in control of the screen. The only way I can stop this is by turning off the i pad. Can someone please tell me how to clean up the i pad so I can stop this happening. I was on YouTube when this happened this last time, the screen then went back to my home page and then someone started opening up random apps.

2. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93 / 0
    I've heard a few stories like that recently. It is less likely you're iPad is being hijacked, rather your iPad is experiencing issues, possibly a fault with the capacitive screen that's causing random actions to take place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +602 / 1
    I totally agree

4. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,078 / 0
    Yes, we've had a number of threads recently about iPads 'acting crazy' or 'being taken over' - :) I suspect that if this behavior is occurring only in your browsing app(s), then you are likely experiencing ad popups, browsing re-direction, or forms of 'scareware' - check HERE for some excellent discussion on the subject. You might want to try a different browser (plenty available in the app store).

Now if these events are happening in your non-browsing apps, then you might want to go through the steps quoted below - good luck and let us know your results - Dave

5. Big Pinch

Big Pinch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to all of you for your advice, when this had been happening I turned off the I-pad and re-booted which cured the problem. I will continue to do this as per your tips. Thanks again.