What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad plays music although no app is open

neartheredrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

My iPad3 is playing music although no app is running. Ok, right now I have a browser running. But the only window open is the one from ipadforums. And even if I quit the browser the music goes on.

How can that happen?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

My iPad3 is playing music although no app is running. Ok, right now I have a browser running. But the only window open is the one from ipadforums. And even if I quit the browser the music goes on.

How can that happen?

You probably have an app that is playing music in the background. So, try this:

Do a four-finger swipe up or double tap the Home button to reveal the multitasking bar. Swipe to the right (so that the left side of the multitask bar comes into view. See this picture:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340909700.942802.jpg

The icon I've circled is the one the iPad is currently using to play music or sound. You can either (1) elect to press the Play button to stop the music or (2) swipe back to the left to find that particular icon/app. If you press it, it will begin to wiggle and there will be a red minus sign/circle in the upper left of the icon. Pressing that minus sign will fully close that app. Either of those two methods should stop the music playing, regardless of which app it is that is playing.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts