What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music playing

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A most unusual thing has been happening lately. When I shut the iPad case and effectively close my iPad, and first having closed all apps, music starts playing. I open up my case and iPad then open the native Music app to see that the tune playing is active. As I said, I close all apps before I close my iPad. Nothing running in the background. I do have my Apple earphones plugged in.
Any suggestions would be most welcome. I know there is a logical explanation somewhere.
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you connect your iPad to a Bluetooth keyboard? I've seen this behaviour before. Some users stow away their keyboard in a rucksack or something like this. The keys are very sensitive and react to every kind of pressure, and if the iDevice is still connected to it, it could start playing music.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, J. A., nothing connected other than my earphones. Really spooky because the music is so faint. At first I did not have any idea where it was coming from. It has happened on at least 6 occasions over the past few months. If it happens again I will double check everything to see if I am causing the problem somehow.
Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's possible the headphones are the cause. If you press the pause/play button on the Apple head phones (between the + and - buttons) the last active audio app will start playing where it left off.

If the headphones were wrapped wrong, or perhaps shorting out due to wear and tear, this could happen.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks TP, I was thinking along those lines but I only have the Apple earphones that came with my iPod. No volume control on them. However, you make a very valid point. Time will tell. Good to hear from you :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh well, that seems unlikely then. Though, you could leave the headphones out for a while and see if it still happens. It might be a problem with the headphone jack.

Good to see you back. :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help, but here's something I've experienced:

When you force close the Music app, and no song is playing, it's still possible to continue hearing the last song that you were listening to by swiping up Control Center, and in Music (left) tapping the Play button.
image.jpg

The app is still closed, so to stop that song playing you'd have to pause it in Control Center, or in the Music app. To show what I meant:
image.jpg

image.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can also, often, start the playing again from the lock screen. If you see play controls when you tap the Home button, an accidental tap will start the last used audio app playing whatever it was playing.

Though from the descriptions, it doesn't really sound like what is happening.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank a, guys, really good valid points. Nothing has happened for a while but I will let you know if it does and under which circumstances. Just a process of elimination I suppose.
:)

Most reactions

Latest posts