What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad 4 locks up intermittenly. Does this problem have a solution?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We need more detailed information before we can suggest any solutions to your problem.

OP
S

skysoldier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More details: screen locks and after a time (few seconds to a minute or longer) the screen will unlock. Mostly when playing a game, happens when typing emails or documents also.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skysoldier said:
More details: screen locks and after a time (few seconds to a minute or longer) the screen will unlock. Mostly when playing a game, happens when typing emails or documents also.

When you say the screen locks, do you mean it goes to the lockscreen or does the screen just freeze on whatever is being displayed at the time.

MOTRDYD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem make sure you don't have a bunch of background apps running when your using an app that takes a little more power and shut off stuff you are not using like Bluetooth wifi searching after and check to see how full your drive too the give her a restart top button only then go from there let me know if that helped

OP
S

skysoldier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you - I have shut off Bluetooth. I don't have that many apps. How do I determine if any of them are running? I will turn off iPad and restart.

OP
S

skysoldier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
staticmap

OP
S

skysoldier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry - I forgot to say screen freezes as displayed - does not change screens.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skysoldier said:
Thank you - I have shut off Bluetooth. I don't have that many apps. How do I determine if any of them are running? I will turn off iPad and restart.

Double click the home button or do a four finger up-swipe to reveal the Multi-tasking bar. Press and hold one of the apps there until they all start wiggling and a red minus sign appears in the upper left corner. Tap all the red minus signs and all apps will be closed, with none running in the background. I hope this helps.

OP
S

skysoldier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great tip Scifan57. They were all running. Why do they all run even when they are not being used?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skysoldier said:
Great tip Scifan57. They were all running. Why do they all run even when they are not being used?

They aren't actively running, with few exceptions such as the music app, they're held in suspension, ready to start where you left off.

Most reactions

Latest posts