What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does my screen lock while VLC lis playing a movie?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to preface the main subject with praise for VLC. It is free and plays formats that non-jailbroken devices will not play. So far, I have played *.flv and *.vob videos. The problem is that unless I set the Ipad auto lock settings to "never," the Ipad will lock in the middle of a movie! WFT! The resolution does not bother me. As long as I remember to change the settings after I finish the movie, the battery will not drain faster. I am just curious as to why the Ipad locks in the middle of a movie. I have never had this issue with the default Video Player, playing Apple approved itunes store rentals. It is as if the Ipad doesn't recognize the activity at all. I have experienced this with a *.vob movie.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I often use VLC for feature length movie playback and the iPad screen has never locked on me. I installed it back in the day when it was available on App Store... but I believe its now only available on Cydia and I cant comment on that version.

Most reactions

Latest posts