1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Why does my screen lock while VLC lis playing a movie?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by dragon499, Feb 25, 2012.

1. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I need to preface the main subject with praise for VLC. It is free and plays formats that non-jailbroken devices will not play. So far, I have played *.flv and *.vob videos. The problem is that unless I set the Ipad auto lock settings to "never," the Ipad will lock in the middle of a movie! WFT! The resolution does not bother me. As long as I remember to change the settings after I finish the movie, the battery will not drain faster. I am just curious as to why the Ipad locks in the middle of a movie. I have never had this issue with the default Video Player, playing Apple approved itunes store rentals. It is as if the Ipad doesn't recognize the activity at all. I have experienced this with a *.vob movie.
  2. Jenningsville

Jenningsville iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I often use VLC for feature length movie playback and the iPad screen has never locked on me. I installed it back in the day when it was available on App Store... but I believe its now only available on Cydia and I cant comment on that version.