What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 is stuck in recovery mode!

Shushant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I try to do Restore the process runs and then ends with an Error 21 and that's it. Repeating this again and again but no success. I am doing the sync wit iTunes on. MacBook Pro from which I have synced the iPad several times in the past. Please help!

ted888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shushant said:
Every time I try to do Restore the process runs and then ends with an Error 21 and that's it. Repeating this again and again but no success. I am doing the sync wit iTunes on. MacBook Pro from which I have synced the iPad several times in the past. Please help!

I feel sorry for you.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shushant said:

Are you running any kind of security software on your MacBook? If so, switch it off while you are restoring your iPad.

The Archangel

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
That was productive.

ROFL. i about said something similar in reply... But you might have reported me :p

Anyways, search the apple ipad manual, theres something there about it. I will shoot you a link when im home on my computer if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

dshnay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Freebird, can you send me that too. I'm not sure what happened but my ipad's also stuck in the dfu with an error 21 when I try to do a recovery.

derekinfrance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I join in this thread, please? My iPad2 went blank during an update, run from my iMac: no error message, though. Have tried to recover and restore but always get a message saying the iPad not recognised. Not running any extra security software on iMac. iTunes on the iMac recognises an iPad is connected but notes "Capacity: n/a", "Software version: n/a", Serial No: n/a"

Any ideas, please?

Sonyvivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I discover a way to solve your problem with error code 21... If you have tiny umbrella... Uncheck cydia as host... Do another
Restore... You will get the same message.. Unplug the iPad and plug it to another USB .... And click restor again..It work for me.. Good luck

Most reactions

Latest posts