1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

My apps before Cydia won't start. Help?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Llama Talks, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Llama Talks

Llama Talks iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    K, I installed Cydia this afternoon, downloaded some apps, but now when I try to open apps that I had before installing Cydia won't open. What should I do ? The thing is that I don't want to re~install them, just get them to start.
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    Sounds like you may have some inconsistent application states there... I don't think you'll fix it without reinstalling the problem apps.

Remove the app from your device then immediately reinstall it via the App Store. That should resolve the issue without losing any data.

If this is happening with all your apps it could be more problematic.

Its worth reminding ourselves that the advice from the Chronic team was to wipe the iPad, apply the jailbreak, then restore from a backup. Whilst you don't HAVE to do this, some folks who don't seem to be experiencing these problems.

I didn't wipe, but only experienced it with 2 apps out of the 100+ I have installed. Some folks recently however have reported more than a few apps not opening. If you didn't perform a backup immediately before the jailbreak that could be a cause..., but I'm guessing.

Hope you get it resolved.