What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

music disappearing from ipad 3

cswanson69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At random times, all of the music stored on my ipad 3 retina display disappears. No warning. OS 8.0.2. I know it's old but the upgrade to this version was a nightmare so I'm hesitant.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Every update from the original iOS 8 update has been an improvement. That's generally how it works. A brand new iOS update comes out, usually with at least a few minor issues, and each update after that squashes bugs.

Might be different with the iOS 8.3, since new features (mostly for the watch and Photos) will be introduced, but the current iOS 8.1.3 update is recommended for everyone except jailbreakers.

Try the update. If the problem persists lets continue from there.

Please provide additional information such as how you are getting the music onto the iPad (iTunes on a computer or directly from the iTunes store on the iPad, or other means). Whether all the music is from the iTunes Store, or some of it ripped into iTunes (or other method). Anything else about how you do your music that might be relevant.

Can't promise a solution, of course, but the more information the more likely someone will recognize a possible problem.

OP
C

cswanson69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll try the update. As for the other stuff...I believe that all of the music came from iTunes. To be honest, I think this whole Apple system for getting music onto an ipad is bizarre...synching to computer,etc. Didn't know it was possible to just download straight from itune to pad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are only few things that you absolutely need a computer and iTunes to do these days. Apple has been slowly migrating iOS away from its dependency on a computer (while at the same time making it more interoperable with Macs). iTunes on the computer is still a good backup to have in case things go wrong, and I recommend it; but many people get along just fine with nothing but the iPad.

In that case, though, I recommend some real thought in online storage services for important files and photos. Never trust single device with your only copy of a file.

Most reactions

Latest posts