What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving saved games to mini

mikeysdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son has a Ipad3 thru his school which he will have to return. He has purchased a Mini and has got his apps installed and of course, done of his saved games are showing. How can I get the data form the 3 to the Mini? Thanks

OP
M

mikeysdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the data still be on the 3 or will it be deleted? Son said another person in his class did a backup and it erased all the data off the 3. Neebie with the apple stuff here! Do I use the usb cable that came with the ipad to connect to my PC?

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't forgotten this. I'm on the road today and can't post much.

Could you let us know which games are on the iPad. It might take different means to transfer the data for each.

OP
M

mikeysdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the main one is Minecraft, I'll have get back with u on what else.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Minecraft is easy, I think. Bear in mind that I only know because I see two ten year olds play it all the time.

Your son may tell you that I don't know what I'm talking about, but here goes. Start a game of Minecraft on one iPad, then join it on the other. Dump all of the stuff into chests, or whatever they're called, then "Quit and copy map" on the mini. All of his diamond armor and blue sheep and whatever else should be saved on the mini.

I hate Minecraft. I never thought I'd be able to answer a question about it. Now I'm scared that I might be right. God. I'll be playing HayDay next!!!

Sent from my stock iPad 2

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shouldn't iCloud do app data backups if the game developer at least thought of including it?

Most reactions

Latest posts