What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Move Folders between screen

wijayap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just learn to group Apps in folders. The Apps and folders are in two screens. How can I move Apps from one screen to the other. I read in the manual one way of doing it through Itunes. Apologise my ignorance if this issue has been raised. Many thanks. Paul

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hold an app or folder until all wiggle, then move the selected folder to the edge of the screen and slowly keep trying to move past the edge. It took me several tries to get the speed right, but keep trying and soon you'll be a master. Tap the home button when everything is where you want it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, you can put the folder on the dock, swipe to the page where you want the folder and then move the folder off the dock onto that page.

I find it's (1) faster and (2) easier than trying to get the "slowly keep trying to move past the edge" part j-u-s-t right. By the way, this also works with icons too, not just folders.

Marilyn

lesrbecker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moving to Dock

Or, you can put the folder on the dock, swipe to the page where you want the folder and then move the folder off the dock onto that page.

I find it's (1) faster and (2) easier than trying to get the "slowly keep trying to move past the edge" part j-u-s-t right. By the way, this also works with icons too, not just folders.

Marilyn

Yes. But isn't there a limit on the number of icons? Moving an icon to the dock merely to facilitate moving it to another page seems quite disruptive if one has arranged the dock in a specific order with specific apps. :)

LRB

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. But isn't there a limit on the number of icons? Moving an icon to the dock merely to facilitate moving it to another page seems quite disruptive if one has arranged the dock in a specific order with specific apps. :)

LRB

True. But, if I have a bunch of apps to move around, I take all my dock icons and put them on a separate (blank) page in the Oder they were in on the dock. Then, I move stuff around and, when I am done, I put the dock icons back where they were [on the dock].

I still find it easier than trying to get the icon j-u-s-t right against the side of the page so it will go to the next one. Of course and as always, YMMV. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts