What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More iSwifter struggles.

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed iSwifter today. It seems buggy, and slow. Slow bugs do not make for fun use of the internets.

It appears to support multiple open tabs like Firefox. Yet the viewable screen size cuts in half when you open your second tab. And when this happens then I get intermittent response trying to move the page around to get to the links I want. No thanks to the idea of buying the app if it is going to work that way.

It does seem to play the GameTracker flash website I want but doesn't seem ready to be a paid app.

Reaction score
Hope you haven't paid yet. Puffin is .99 and works much better than iswifter

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Support Our Troops!!

Just tried puffin and its choking a LOT worse then iswifter on flash video. Its like watching a slideshow.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm curious then how either of these factor against Skyfire. I have that but haven't had to use it yet. I downloaded the free version of iSwifter just to have it as well.

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm curious then how either of these factor against Skyfire. I have that but haven't had to use it yet. I downloaded the free version of iSwifter just to have it as well.

Well they are both better than skyfire. I'm not understanding why so many people love sky fire for flash, when it doesn't support web based flash content. It only shows flash video. So if you go to a web page, where part of the content is flash, sky fire won't work. For example. *******. If you go there via skyfire, you see nothing, but go there with puffin or iswifter, and it works, just slowly.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Support Our Troops!!

puffin browser works great. everything loads up fast, no choking, and plays the flash content nicely.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. So sounds like Puffin maybe seems to do a better job then for people who use a lot of Flash dependent sites. And it's a good price too!

Reaction score
Yes and I think connection speed is a factor on videos. I noticed it tries to keep going when there is no buffering ahead vs YouTube buffering ahead before playing so slower speeds like my dsl are choppy on many videos, but I have the same problem on some videos on my desktop that don't buffer way ahead before starting.

Support Our Troops!!

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Puffin browser for everything. Browsing the web checking my email and watching flash videos. The videos play fine the flash games are a little harder to work with. It is real smooth strolling unlike cloud browse and skyfire which is jerky.

Most reactions

Latest posts