What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help deleting an app

Deanna84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. My new iPad 2 arrived on Tuesday and I need some help. I want to be able to watch flash videos and after some googling I found the app iswifter. I downloaded it from the app store and opened it on my iPad but it says that my 7 day free trial has expired and that I need to pay for it. I don't mind doing so but I would like to be able to try it first. Why is my trial expired when I have only had the iPad for 2 days? It is new and from Apple directly. I have tried removing the file from itunes and the iPad and then reinstalling but I get the same trial expired message. I have some experience using DiskAid to delete cydia apps permanently from my iPhone. Is there away to delete iswifter and then reinstall so that I can use the trial? My iPad is jailbroken is there something better than iswifter in Cydia that I should use instead? Thank you for your help! Deanna

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

You probably know that, to delete an app from the iPad, you press and hold any icon until they start to jiggle. Then touch the top left hand corner of the app you want to delete and a pop up box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete it. You say that your iPad2 is jailbroken; the jailbreak for the iPad2 has only been available for about a day so you must have done this very recently. Did you install iSwifter before or after you tried to jailbreak?

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

Deanna84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You probably know that, to delete an app from the iPad, you press and hold any icon until they start to jiggle. Then touch the top left hand corner of the app you want to delete and a pop up box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete it. You say that your iPad2 is jailbroken; the jailbreak for the iPad2 has only been available for about a day so you must have done this very recently. Did you install iSwifter before or after you tried to jailbreak?

Yes I know to delete the app you hold the icons until they jiggle. I tried this. A few times. I also went into itunes and deleted the application there and had the file sent to trash and then emptied the trash. I then tried to download iswifter again from itunes and it still said that my free trial had been used.

I guess I got lucky with the jailbreak because I just got around to it today. I downloaded iswifter before the jailbreak and continued trying to reinstall after. So it was tried both ways. I did something wrong somewhere.

I would really just like to get those 7 days back somehow to give it a try. If anyone knows how to do this I would be so grateful.

Most reactions

Latest posts