What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter Questions

TheMitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me, too. Just tried to write one on iSwifter but the page just refreshes and doesn't display anywhere to write. BTW, anyone have iSwifter? I just downloaded it from the App store cuz the YouTube vid I saw on it showed interfaces for both games and browser. When I downloaded it, it only gave me a games interface through Facebook, which I don't want. It gave me a pop-up to purchase for $4.99, which I did. It harvested my cc info thru iTunes, but the iSwifter icon on my iPad2 is no different. I uninstalled and re-installed app. Even rebooted. Same icon continues to gives no access to browser and no other icon is visible. ISwifter says the browser was purchased but it does me no good if I can't find it! Am I just obtuse or is there a problem? App support was no help and iSwifter.net gives only a support email address. I've written, but no response yet. Frustrating!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheMitz:

I pulled this question of yours out of another thread (where it was buried ... and no one had answered it). I did so because I've seen other people having trouble with the iSwifter browser and I wanted to see if I can help. I have the iSwifter browser and I have no trouble accessing any web site. In fact, I've not had any trouble with the app. I always ignore the games because I couldn't care less about them; I just go straight to a web site.

So, please take a look at this picture, which is the iSwifter opening screen:

iSwifterURLbar.jpg

Do you get this? If yes (and you've bought the browser), then type any address in the box to which I've drawn an arrow. That's the URL address box - you can also paste any address in there. In addition, next to it is an icon that looks like an open book. You can save bookmarks there for those sites you visit regularly. As you can see from my picture, I've got Google bookmarked - but you can save any site.

Once you enter an address, either by typing it in or by pasting it, you can either press the arrow/triangle icon next to the address bar or press "Go" on the keyboard. It will take a while to load, but I've been able to view any video I've tried.

Again, this app has worked flawlessly for me since I got it. Let me know if this helps - or if you get a different start up screen.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts