What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing iOS7 features in Safari on ipad2

vampirechicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded IOS7 on to my ipad2 but when I opened Safari some of the features like the stacked tabs and swiping backwards and forwards are not there . Is this right for the ipad2?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downloaded IOS7 on to my ipad2 but when I opened Safari some of the features like the stacked tabs and swiping backwards and forwards are not there . Is this right for the ipad2?

After crawling all over Safari on my iPad3, I'm pretty sure the iPads did not get the stacked tabs and swiping back and forth like the phones did. And, I'm sure it's because, being it's an iPad, we have more screen real estate, so Apple didn't have to stack tabs - they are all right there across the top.

I did noticed that you can moved tabs around in the bar - but I don't know if that was a feature before iOS 7.

Marilyn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After crawling all over Safari on my iPad3, I'm pretty sure the iPads did not get the stacked tabs and swiping back and forth like the phones did. And, I'm sure it's because, being it's an iPad, we have more screen real estate, so Apple didn't have to stack tabs - they are all right there across the top. I did noticed that you can moved tabs around in the bar - but I don't know if that was a feature before iOS 7. Marilyn

Yes, you could move tabs around before.....I discovered that by accident when I dragged my finger across the screen in iOS 6!

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually that feature for moving tabs in Safari was here before IOS6, don't know when exactly it appeared but I too discovered it by accident! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts