What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I disable swipe right and left in Safari?

alexh110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found Safari swipe right and left an infuriating and useless new feature in iOS7, and would love to turn it off.
It's especially annoying when trying to swipe through a series of images in Google, as I find myself constantly swiping to the next page instead of the next image.
Then when I go back a page, I find myself on the original search results list instead of the image sequence: so have to start swiping through the images again from the beginning!

I suppose it's too much to hope there's a way to disable this feature?

OP
A

alexh110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like I'll just have to use Chrome then!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or get out of the habit of swiping from the very edge of the screen. That's what activates the tab swiping. Start your swipe at least a half inch in from the edge, and things will behave as you expect them to.

This is probably harder to do on a Mini than a full sized iPad. And, of course, everyone has different habits. I had not even realized the feature was there until this thread. Well, I probably kind of new in the back of my head, but I'd never used it; accidentally or on purpose.

Most reactions