What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 problems with iOS7

spud58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I i have an iPAD2 the problem is before i upgraded to iOS7 I could change the size of my photographs from the gallery which i downloaded from my camera or the web for the wallpaper , now I have IOS7 I can't do it .
If anybody has the same problem could they tell me how to fix it .
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, iOS 7 brought changes to the way the wallpaper is made on the iPad. What you are seeing is now standard behavior. The best we have determined to do is either (1) take a screenshot of the picture as you'd like it to appear (and use the screen shot as the wallpaper). Or, (2) use a photo merging app to paste your picture into an iPad-sized photo so that it won't zoom when you select it as wallpaper.

It has something to do with the way the iPad processes the wallpaper and, again, that's the way it is, now. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
spud58

spud58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank for letting me know .and what is ipads size for the photos
And can I get a photo merging app from the iPads app store?

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank for letting me know .and what is ipads size for the photos
And can I get a photo merging app from the iPads app store?

You might want to take a look at this LINK for some discussion on adjusting wallpapers, size resolutions, and an app called Wallax ($1 USD in the App Store) - now I've not used this app, so no guarantees (reviews were mixed). Good luck and let us know your results - might also want to search the forum since this topic has a number of dedicated threads by now. Dave :)

OP
spud58

spud58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will try tomorrow and let you know what happens

OP
spud58

spud58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have put the reduce motion on it makes a sight difference .

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are there any free application for photo resizing? Please.

Hello - not sure if your question relates to resizing 'wallpapers' for your iPad or is just a general question - if the former, please see my LINK above; if the latter, then a good 'free' app may not exit (however, others may 'chime in' w/ suggestions).

Now, I have over a dozen photo apps on my iPad and all have certain features and none is really ideal for iOS - many will 'crop' images but the two I have on the device that will 're-size' pics are Photogene & Photoshop Touch (not free - $1 & $10 USD, respectively); Photogene is more limited in resizing and Photoshop Touch is much more versatile for photo imaging. About all that I can offer - good luck in your choice(s). Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts