Mini is a great gaming and movie device

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Brianr34, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Brianr34

Brianr34
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I picked up a 16gb white mini at Best Buy yesterday. I am really liking it overall. Since we have an Ipad2, I do not have a problem with the non retina screen.

I really like the mini for playing games. The combination of size and light weight makes it very desirable. The graphics are great and I have had no performance issues.

The mini is also great for watching Netflix while relaxing in bed.

On paper, I agree the specs are not great for the money. For me, the mini is my new favorite electronic device at home.

2. gmaines

gmaines
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I to just got the mini.....love it....

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I agree about games and movies. For games, it clearly is easier to hold than iPad because it is so light. It also makes more sound. And I think the shape of the screen makes it better than the google nexus 7 too. So, far, this thing ROCKS!!!

4. Martinbowden

Martinbowden
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Completely agree ideal for gaming and movies I have an ipad 3 and haven't play a game on it since picking mini up

5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I can see why games might be better on it, but why movies?

I watch movies on Kindle Fire original 7" in a pinch, but only if one of my iPads is charging and I want to surf on the other.

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    In my case I hold the mini in my left hand with fingers behind and thumb under the bottom, maybe 8 or 9 inches from my face. Can't do that with a full size iPad. And the image on the mini is larger than that on my nexus 7.

7. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    You hold your tablet while watching movies? OK, I'm not doing that.

I use stands for reading and watching movies, so I just adjust the swinging arm of my Levo stand, for instance. If I'm stuck watching on my Kindle Fire while one of my iPads is charging, I just swing the arm closer than if watching on iPad. I have a couple of stands, but I love the Levo one. I should've bought it sooner.

8. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I didn't use to. It's a mini thing. :)

But I hold it while playing games, so I do the same with the tablet. Except I was watch an episode of voyager. Few movies would I watch on a tablet.

#8 AQ_OC, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  9. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Glad you're loving your mini. I can enjoy vicariously through you and others.

It sure is cute. I'm staying away from places that sell it over the next few weeks, because I might succumb and buy one, and I really don't need one.

10. ipadder474

ipadder474
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I got to hold one yesterday at my local BestBuy, it was a Demo. Not for sale, all the ones they had were quickly sold. It was nice but at $329US I don't think it's in plans not right now, have to get more hands on with it. Myself don't think watching movies on a small screen is my idea of enjoyment.