What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messenger

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i am unable to send a photo in Messenger. All I see when I try to send a photo is a black screen with one or two photos in my library visible. This just started tonight. Thoughts?

Thank you ,
Mark

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this happen in the built in Messages app, or a different app?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this will help:

Make sure your iPad is up to date. The latest software for iPad 4 and later is 10.1.1. iPad 2 and 3 are up to date with iOS 9.3.5 installed.
If you have an iPad with cellular connection, check for a carrier settings update: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

In your settings, make sure MMS Messaging is enabled. Also make sure date and time are correct. If they are not, correct this, then disable iMessage in Settings - Messages, and enable it again.

Force close the Messages app, and if that doesn't help: restart your device.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reset network settings in Settings - General - Reset. Then set up your Wi-Fi and cellular connection again.

Most reactions

Latest posts