What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video not working in Yahoo Messenger

dancamp009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm unable to get Yahoo Messenger to work on my Ipad Mini. I've tried reinstalling the Yahoo Messenger App, but this didn't help. Can anybody tell me why I am unable to cam chat with the Ipad Mini in Yahoo Messenger?

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am not 100% sure i think i would be the app doesn't support it
The only thing that i can think of is if it was supported it would work straight away no problems at all

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm gonna keep an eye on this topic as I was wondering the same thing. Kinda strange that the Ipad mini has a cam that works quite well on things like facetime, but may not be supported on yahoo messenger...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
D

dancamp009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that my Ipad mini vidoe system works marvelously on Skype. I only wish it would do the same on YM. Also, yesterday, somebody was able to perform a video call to me on YM for the first time ever. But I'm not sure how they were able to call me. She did tell me before the video call, that she was certain that I would be able to receive her call, because it was a "video call", what ever that is as compared to a regular YM video call. We were chatting on YM and she was able to make a full screen call. I would sure like to know how she did that. Because on my macbook pro when I do a video chat with somebody on YM the video screen size is very small, like about 2" x 1.5". And nothing I do can make it bigger, even when I go to view>full screen, or what ever that option is that YM gives you to view the video at the largest size. So I think this person must have called me at my location on a different program other than YM. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out why I am unable to even view a small video size on YM with my Ipad Mini. If anybody has any suggestions, or ideas how I can make this work, it would be great. I hate carrying around a PC or my big Macbook Pro just to be able to video chat on YM

Now, a few hours later, I've discovered that if I reboot my iPad mini, and give it a fresh start on YM , then I can video call to another person, but that person cannot hear me And I cannot type anything becuz there is no way to text once in the video So it is better than I first reported, but still lacking greatly to be a complete video chatting program with the iPad Mini. I got my software off of iTunes site
too.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts