What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messenger help

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having trouble sending photos in messenger. When I attempt to send a pic all I get is a black screen with at most 1 or 2 photos available to send.
Until recently, all of my photos were visible and available to send.

Thanks for any help
Mark

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There have been some changes with IOS 10. In the Message App, tap the little Camera, then swipe to the right and you should see your Photos.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Correction: You actually only need to swipe to the right on iPhone. On an iPad you should see your Photos to the left when you tap the little camera.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. The actions that you mention still bring me to a black screen with only 1 or 2 pictures on it. I have deleted many photos to free up memory but to no avail.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The photos that first show up when you select the camera in the Messages are only the most recent photos. To see all photos choose the Photo Library option to the left, and navigate to either Moments or All Photos.

Here is how it looks in iOS 10 on an 12.9" iPad Pro. The first two screens are incorrect for iOS 9 and earlier, and the Pro shows more pictures than you'll normally see on a smaller iPad.

Image.jpeg

______

Image-3.jpeg

-------------

Image-3.jpeg

------------------

Image-3.jpeg

If this is what you are doing, and still seeing a lot of blanks, we'll have to make another guess. Good luck.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you all for the help. Still not working though.
Probably time for a new iPad

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I just bought a new iPad Air w/128 GB for 500 bucks and the problem persists.
Could it be an issue with Messenger?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you bought the new iPad, did you restore from a backup of the previous iPad? If so, I wonder if you have simply transferred the problem to the new device. So if you did, it might be worth restoring to factory settings and setting it up as new.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be possible to send an image from the Photos app. Open the app, select one of your pictures, tap the Share button at the top right. One of the options you'll get is the Messages app:
IMG_7941.PNG

Tap it. Enter the recipient:
IMG_7942.PNG

Add text, if necessary, and send it.

Most reactions

Latest posts