What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air1 really playing up.

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since updating to IOS 8.3 it is doing strange things. If I am doing a Google search, i put the first letter in to the search bar and it stops and i have bring back the search bar and add the rest of my words. Tonight a had a long conversation via Messenger. The other person had send some photos. As I wanted to have another look at the photos, the iPad goes out of messenger. This is happening all the time. I did a restart, did not help.there are other anoying things as well. Does any one else have problems?

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since updating to IOS 8.3 it is doing strange things. If I am doing a Google search, i put the first letter in to the search bar and it stops and i have bring back the search bar and add the rest of my words. Tonight a had a long conversation via Messenger. The other person had send some photos. As I wanted to have another look at the photos, the iPad goes out of messenger. This is happening all the time. I did a restart, did not help.there are other anoying things as well. Does any one else have problems?

I've been having the same problem when doing a Google search. After typing the first letter it loses focus on the search bar entry field in safari. Don't know if this happens with chrome or not as I don't have it installed.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've heard that this works.

Tap the gear/cog icon on the Google Search page. Choose Search Settings, and change Google Instant Predictions to Never show Instant results.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Darn. Try signing out under your Google account settings. See if that helps. If it goes away, sign back in and see if it comes back.

I seem to remember someone with a 'sure fire' way to fix it a while back, but can't find the post. I was hoping the "Never Show Instant Results" was that fix.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darn. Try signing out under your Google account settings. See if that helps. If it goes away, sign back in and see if it comes back.

I seem to remember someone with a 'sure fire' way to fix it a while back, but can't find the post. I was hoping the "Never Show Instant Results" was that fix.
No that did not fix it either,this is only happening since updating to 8.3

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No that did not fix it either,this is only happening since updating to 8.3

It's not new with the iOS 8.3 update The problem has been around for a while. It was on my iPad for a few weeks early on with the first iOS 8 version, but went away on it's own. It comes, it goes, and strikes random users with no noticeable commonality in hardware or setup.

If you haven't done so, try clearing History and Data in Safari's settings. That often helps with Safari related issues, though I haven't heard that it will do anything for this.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not new with the iOS 8.3 update The problem has been around for a while. It was on my iPad for a few weeks early on with the first iOS 8 version, but went away on it's own. It comes, it goes, and strikes random users with no noticeable commonality in hardware or setup.

If you haven't done so, try clearing History and Data in Safari's settings. That often helps with Safari related issues, though I haven't heard that it will do anything for this.
That seems to have fixed it thank you. Now i only need my password book as they are all gone too. LOL

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Clearing data in Safari clears all cookies, which is where most sites keep your sign-in credentials.

On the other hand quite a few password apps will now work in Safari via an extension. This works a lot like how password apps work on your computer. All you have to do is enter your password for the app, then it enters the site user ID and password for you.

Here's how it looks and works with 1Password, my favorite tool. There are other, cheaper options, but none with the same breadth of features and cross platform compatibility.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430270075.763762.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430270093.186001.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430270107.113640.jpg

This one of the features that became possible with iOS 8. It may look a lot like iOS 7, but there's a lot of extra power under the hood.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your detailed information about the password program. It is much appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts