What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail

sgrejsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my MBP I have access to all my old saved ( in folders) emails, however I have not been able to have access to the same folders on my iPad. I have several email accounts configured on both devices, and the work account also have saved email folders and I can see all these folders, although only containing the last week's emails. On the PC and the MBP I have access to several years of emails.
Is it possible to sync the complete folders to the iPad?

Soren

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Soren! Welcome to iPF!

Some accounts set a limit to the days that are synced to the email account, when freshly set up on an iPad. Outlook is one of them, e.g.
Go to Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars, select the account/s. If you can see "Mails days to sync", tap it and select "No limit".

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is also necessary to consider the type of account (POP, IMAP, or Exchange), and whether the folders are local (on the computer) or on the server.

In the case of POP accounts, the folders will be on the computer and/or iPad. They will not be synced, only a record of emails saved on those devices.

In the case of IMAP or Exchange, the folder may or may not be local. Only the settings on the device will tell you if. If they are local, then like POP accounts, they will only reflect emails sent/received on that device or computer. If they are server based they should be the same across all devices and/or computers.

If the folders are server based on the iPad (default for all accounts except POP), then you can scroll to the bottom of the email list and see a More option (if it doesn't just automatically start loading more).

To see how email folders are configured on the iPad, open the account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and dig down to the Advanced options (tap on stuff till you find it).

You are on your own for computer clients. Each is different, but there is probably a help option to show the way.

Most reactions

Latest posts