What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail in box shuts down

Frank S

iPF Noob
Reaction score

4 POP email accounts plus Hotmail & Apple Me accounts on my iPad, all worked fine but suddenly my main POP account inbox will not stay on screen for more than 2 seconds. Any ideas please

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can try a reset. It won't delete anything on the iPad. Press and hold the Sleep button and the Home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Wait for the iPad to come back to life. Then check your Mail app again.

If that doesn't work, you can try deleting and setting up the mail accounts again.

OP
F

Frank S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail InBox shuts down

Thanks, have tried everything, reset, start as new etc but to no avail.
Now have a booking with the Apple Genius tomorrow.

OP
F

Frank S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail In Box shutting down

The problem was too many emails blocking the server. Alter your system to delete mail from server once they have been downloaded on your main computer

OP
F

Frank S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail box shuts down

Your problem will be a full server, your mail settings should be set to delete mail from the server once it has been downloaded. I would also suggest that, once working again, you set iTunes NOT to sync mail.

Most reactions

Latest posts