Mail crash

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by jdpurvis, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jdpurvis

jdpurvis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have an IPAD2, and upgraded to IOS 5.0.1 without incident. Since the upgrade, I have found that occasional emails cause the Mail app to crash to the home screen. Any emails deleted prior to the crash reappear when I restart the app. If I try to open the email again, the app again crashes.

I suspect it might be external information that is loading within the email.

Any thoughts?

Joe
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +902 / 0
    Hi Joe - you might want to provide more detail on which mail accounts you are using, and if multiple ones whether all or just a few 'close down'?

In the meantime, try to 'force close' the Mail app, i.e. go to the multi-taskbar (double tap the home button), press and hold the 'Mail' app until all begin to jiggle, then press the 'minus sign' which will shut down the app; return to the home screen and try again.

Now if that does not solve the problem, then 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if you are unfamiliar w/ the steps needed. If still not helpful, please post back - good luck!
  3. jdpurvis

jdpurvis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This seems only to occur in my Verizon account (not my work account, which uses Exchange server. I might try forwarding one of the offending emalils to the other account when i get to my home computer..

I have tried force close of the mail app, with or without restart of the IPAD - no change. I am not sure what sort of problem could cause this that would be helped by a reset, but i will try it when i get a chance. When it doesn't help, i will be interestedvto hear if there are other suggestions.

Joe