1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Mail crash

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by jdpurvis, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jdpurvis

jdpurvis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have an IPAD2, and upgraded to IOS 5.0.1 without incident. Since the upgrade, I have found that occasional emails cause the Mail app to crash to the home screen. Any emails deleted prior to the crash reappear when I restart the app. If I try to open the email again, the app again crashes.

I suspect it might be external information that is loading within the email.

Any thoughts?

Joe
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +818 / 0
    Hi Joe - you might want to provide more detail on which mail accounts you are using, and if multiple ones whether all or just a few 'close down'?

In the meantime, try to 'force close' the Mail app, i.e. go to the multi-taskbar (double tap the home button), press and hold the 'Mail' app until all begin to jiggle, then press the 'minus sign' which will shut down the app; return to the home screen and try again.

Now if that does not solve the problem, then 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if you are unfamiliar w/ the steps needed. If still not helpful, please post back - good luck!
  3. jdpurvis

jdpurvis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This seems only to occur in my Verizon account (not my work account, which uses Exchange server. I might try forwarding one of the offending emalils to the other account when i get to my home computer..

I have tried force close of the mail app, with or without restart of the IPAD - no change. I am not sure what sort of problem could cause this that would be helped by a reset, but i will try it when i get a chance. When it doesn't help, i will be interestedvto hear if there are other suggestions.

Joe