1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Please HELP! Need to restore iOS 5.0.1 ( 9A405 ) on my iPad 2.

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by g_patkar, Apr 3, 2012.

1. g_patkar

g_patkar iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone,

I am currently using a iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1 ( 9A405 ) - which was updated from iOS 4.3.3 directly from iTunes about a month ago. I recently ran into some problems on my iPad 2, where all the native apps (Preinstalled) started crashing upon start!
    This includes all the native apps that came with the iPad 2 - From Safari, to Mail, to Settings to Youtube etc. Oddly enough all my paid Apps are working fine and do not crash.

I am suspecting there may be some corrupt files on the iPad's systems folders, but either-ways, I would like to restore the iPad to the same version - iOS 5.0.1 ( 9A405 ). I had saved my SHSH blobs, but after multiple tries in many combinations to restore, I constantly keep getting the 1600 error in iTunes.

I am not looking to downgrade, but to maintain the same iOS version, and I have my blobs saved. Any help or advice in this matter would be much appreciated.

G...
  2. Redneck_Randy

Redneck_Randy iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Sorry but you can't restore to 5.01 since Apple has stopped signing that version. Your only choice is to restore to 5.1
  3. Project37

Project37 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You can't downgrade an iPad 2 from 5.1 to 5.0.1 even if you have a 5.0.1 SHSH right now. iH8sn0w has tweeted that he has found a loop hole in Apples system allowing him to restore his iPad2 from 5.1 to 5.0.1 but has not stated any release date. You will have to go with 5.1 until a new tool is released to allow the downgrade on iPads.

Sent from my iPad using iPF