What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problem with i asume through ios7 crashes every time i touch it.

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
S soon as I touch the email and it loads its content into the viewing panel the email program crashes. If I mark it for deletion it crashes. It seems the viewing panel is the culprit, all other email work just fine. Any hope, at all?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try fully closing the Mail app and then restarting or resetting the iPad. To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal the card switcher. Find the Mail app "card" and swipe up on it to fully close it. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

After one or more of these steps, try the Mail app again and see how it works. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
N

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, but neither of those remedies worked. It's one particular email that I can't delete that's causes the mail program to crash. I say crash when in fact it closes back to the icon home screen. It's still there in the background. The email is an add for a car and it's from "no sender" the hard reset works as far as I can read other emails but as soon as I get to this email and touch it the viewing panel fills for a moment then closes and I have to hard reset so that the ail programs doesn't open with that particular email. I feel that if I could touch the email without the contents being opened in the panel I could delete it. Is that possible?
Best regards and thank you for your assistance thus far

Sincerely, Stephen

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Mail app, next to the mailbox (Inbox) you'll see Edit. Tap it, then check mark the email and choose "Trash" at the bottom. Thus you delete the email without opening it.

There's something else you could do:
Sometimes deleting the account and setting it up again helps solving email problems.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys, at last I figured it out for myself. All I had to do was "Swipe to the left" the offending email. And bam! It was gone. Thanks for all the advice though guys. Oh, if you need any help with your iPad, let me know........lol

OP
N

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't seem to be having a lot of luck with IOS7, now my spell checker is not checking my spelling. And while were on the subject guys, how do you turn off auto complete? Is it in some way connected? Anyway, thanks again. I shall scourer my iPad for the info.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - General - Keyboard and enable/disable whatever you prefer.

jaycaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there is hope, but you really ought to identify which email provider you use...Yahoo, Gmail, Mail, etc. This helps since they all work slightly different...in fact last Monday, Dec. 9th, they had a major shutdown that caused a lot of angst among users. You never know when it is a provider problem and not in the IPAD. Know this might not help you. Try rebooting completely. It often helps many of us with little hiccups, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts