1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Lost graphic for app store icon...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by retired guy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. retired guy

retired guy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My App Store icon in the dock has lost its graphic. I have a blank white icon. Resetting unit didn't restore it. Suggestions?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,664 / 0
    I am going to assume you are jail broken. You get the white icons when your icon cache becomes corrupted. And, the only thing you can do is to respring the iPad again.

Try installing a free tweak from Cydia called "Respring." Between that one or Springtomize 2, either works the best to fully clean the cache so your icons appear normal.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.
  3. retired guy

retired guy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks much. Am jailbroken. Will try either Respring or Springtomize 2.
    Thank you Marilyn for moving this ? from a newbie to iPad forums to the proper area.