What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost folder organization on soft reset

shae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
potsville.wordpress.com
As anyone else ever had this problem? On doing a soft reset, all my folders that I had spent hours organizing are gone...all the apps are loose in the main screens. This has happened before on my iPhone and the iPad 1, too. Anyone know why it happens? Is there any way to get the folders back without redoing them from scratch?
So frustrated!

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive had that happen and I just ran a current backup from itunes to fix it.

OP
shae

shae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
potsville.wordpress.com
Thanks...I have a totally insane amount of apps loaded...at a guess, over a thousand. Hello, my name is Shae and I am an APPaholic. At least my last iCloud backup was last night. I hate when this happens...anyone know why it happens?

OP
shae

shae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
potsville.wordpress.com
Did you know they actually have apps for our pets' entertainment? I kid you not. I think there actually *is* an app for everything!

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shae said:
As anyone else ever had this problem? On doing a soft reset, all my folders that I had spent hours organizing are gone...all the apps are loose in the main screens. This has happened before on my iPhone and the iPad 1, too. Anyone know why it happens? Is there any way to get the folders back without redoing them from scratch?
So frustrated!

If you have a recent ipad backup , that will reset the layout you had, but be carefully as it will overnight new data in apps since the backup.

Most reactions