What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making ibook folders on Operating System 7.0.4

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi. ever since the upgrade to 7.0.4 my ibook app has been giving me problems.
I download new books by different authors into iTunes then transfer them to my ipad. No problem here
When I go to my ipad to organize these books by author, I can't make new folders.
I go to:
>Collections
>+New Collection
After I tap +New Collection it disappears and nothing else happens. The keyboard does not pop up to name a new collection. Nothing happens.
I tried uninstalling ibooks and reinstalling it, but that didn't change anything - still does the same thing - nothing.
I also noticed that between my last author and the +New Collection tab, there are approx. 20 empty tabs without any names.
I have rebooted the system numerous times but, no, same problem.
I was hoping I didn't have to factory reset the ipad
Anyone else having this problem?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

I do have another problem with my PDF files but I'll start a new thread for that.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi - well, iBooks seems to be working fine on my iPad 2 w/ iOS 7.0.4 - I just made a 'new' collection and transferred books/PDFs into the folder and was able to rename several of the items; going into Settings > iBooks, my version is 2.3 (2083) - I would have recommended a 'Force Close' followed by a 'Reset' if not successful, but since you've done a 'Re-install' and a number of reboots (assume 'Reset' using both buttons?).

So, I'm lost at the moment for suggestions - hope others will come along to help. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have no idea what is happening, but have a couple of suggestions you can try; things I would try if it were my problem.

In Settings > iBooks try turning ON/OFF the Sync Collections, Show All Purchases, and or Online Content. Change them to whatever they were not before, and see if that helps.

You can also try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This won't delete any content, apps, or accounts, but it will default most other settings. You'll have to re-tweak things so that they work the way you want afterwards. I've seen it help in situations where you would not think. At any rate, it is always worth trying before you resort to a restore.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys but the suggestions didn't help. I had my fingers crossed.
I'm close to thinking a total factory reset is my only hope.
And I guess that would be my question as to how to do that.
Thanks guys

Most reactions